Friday, May 28, 2010

bless us with patience and good sleeps

Molly is finally down for a nap after quite a lot of tantrum throwing (mostly by her, but I joined in once or twice). We have some sleep problems at our house and it's only going to get more exciting when we add a newborn to the mix. And I wonder how she will adapt to new living quarters on top of that(if all happens as we are hoping)? Should be fun. Chill pills will be in order I am sure, or just candy by the truckload. Sigh.
Anyway, as many are aware, the Torrey hotel didn't pan out. It was in the closing process with another buyer. I'm pretty sure (let's hope I'm not jinxing us by putting it on the blog) we are getting us a motel in Monticello. There are two prospective properties there. Ryan's brother also has a hotel in Monticello and has been looking into things a bit for us. Ryan will be going with his dad in the next two weeks to really get things rolling. We are shooting for becoming Monticello-ites shortly after the baby is born, but that could really be pushing it as the baby is due to arrive in four weeks. So that there's a little bit 'bout what been going on 'round here.
I want me some licorice.

4 comments:

Kyle said...

Monticello is the coolest. Really though. It's beautiful there. Also, there is a massive silhouette of a horse head on the mountainside that everyone raves about.

Nikki said...

Monte lived in Monticello during part of his high school years. He loved it there, despite its small-town feel. We would definitely come visit! Plus, you'd be pretty dang close to Garda and her fam in NM!

Sara said...

Yay! I'm glad that things are working out for you guys as far as jobs go! As for getting kids down for naps... I watched my niece and nephew this week while my sister went on a cruise and I'll tell you what. There was definitely a lot of tantrum throwing and I did my fair share!

eebs said...

My sister Jenny recently lived in Monticello and really loved the small town feel of it. Plus it randomly has a temple--I'm sure you're aware. Definitely a good place to get around without driving ;) but seriously, aren't there some motels you want to look into on the east coast...?