Oh dear. The kids went to bed late and woke up early. Not boding well already. Then Molly didn't eat breakfast very well and she needed to "make a stinky"(I will explain). But I had visiting teaching scheduled for this morning so go we did. It started out fine. But our little enforcer who becomes more touchy and explosive when tired, hungry, and "needing to go" came out with a vengeance. It didn't help that she got a blood blister from getting her finger pinched in a toy. We made it through our two appointments and came home to have some lunch and potty time. Lunch went well. Potty time, not so much. I was pretty sure Molly needed to go (she gets grumpier before she has to poop) so I had her sit on the potty. She only tinkled. So I thought perhaps she's only been gassy. She got off the potty and went to play in her room. Did I say play? I meant poop. Geese. I really need to figure out why she has such an aversion to pooping in the potty. Then while cleaning out her unders I almost flushed them down the toilet. This made Molly screech as only Molly can screech. Thus Tessa was awakened from the nap I had just got her down for. Plus I've had no self control and ate way too many chocolate chip cookies (I swear I get grumpier when I eat a lot of chocolate). Plus I didn't get any kind of working out in because I wanted to simplify my morning since I was going visiting teaching. So I just feel blah. So there.
Ahhh, I feel better already. Life really is good. I really do love my girls. Mostly I get frustrated at myself for not knowing how to handle life's little situations with more grace and poise. I know Molly wouldn't be so high strung if her mother wasn't first giving her that example. I need to take some deep breaths and chill out, not just a little. Poor Molly being my first. I've probably ruined her.
But I will keep on keepin' on. And I'm going to smile and laugh about it all, so Yayhoo or something!!
1 comment:
Darrell and I used to joke that our first child we would get to mess up on and get it right with the second child. Then we found out we're having twins and realized that now we're going to mess up 2 kids! Poor them.
You are a good mom, don't fret.
Post a Comment