Well, we got the part in the mail we needed to finish the drawer on the changing table-yayhoo! However, (pointed out by Megan because I was too big of a durf to notice) it isn't even the right size! Durhee! We will just have to go to Home Depot or somewhere and get something ourselves.
There are only 8 more weeks until our due date! (Sometimes it seems like "only" and sometimes more like "still"). I don't understand how my belly can grow for 8 more weeks though. Pretty much amazing.
I've been trying to prepare myself mentally for when the baby gets here, if that's even possible. I've had too many people around me struggle with postpartum, not to worry about it. My sister-in-law was just telling me about some of her experiences. I feel like maybe acknowledging the possibility will help me recognize and deal with it if it does happen. I'm not too worried though, because I am blessed to have so much support around me. For my sister-in-law, it lasted for a whole year. Yucky! But with her second (I think he's 3 months now), she hasn't had postpartum at all. So here's hoping!
We have prenatal classes at the hospital on Wednesday evenings in April. I kind of waited a little late to get signed up, so I'm hoping we get through all the classes before this little girl decides to make her grand entry into the world :).
Whelp, hope all's well wit-choo. And if you haven't updated your blog in a while, do it! Now!
4 comments:
Smel! Hi. What I found your blog from Ty's blog and what I just done commented down to Megan's blog. I'm due in May, too! Maybe we'll see each other at the hospital. I'm due May 12th, but I usually go about five days past my due date (isn't that horrible?!), so maybe you won't want to be birthing at the same time as me. But just think if we did: we could share a delivery room and name our babies similar names, like Terry and Barry or Kerry and Gary, or Sheri and Larry or Harry and Jerry or Mary and Perry or Werry and Xerry. Just a thought.
How exciting! So close, yet so far away. I can't believe you're going to have a child in such a short time. But, at the same time, it seems like the most natural thing ever.
I want to come see your baby room! Do you realize that I've never been to your apartment? Crazy, I know.
Sounds like fun! Next time we're there we'll have to see it.
Yay for the eight week mark here too!
I can't believe Beth is due middle of May too! That makes what 7 or eight counting cousins and stuff, doesn't it?
I can't wait to meet your little one, so I can imagine how that feeling is expontial for you being her mother. Pretty cool you, Monica and Beth are all due at the same time.
The postpartum is pretty dang serious stuff, but here's hoping you escape it. If not, I'm totally here for you girl, and don't you forget it, even when you are in the throes of it.
Post a Comment