First of all, I would like to thank Erin and Tye for the very happy birthday cards. Thanks bustah's! You make me feel like a lousy friend because you are too awesome!!
Now I'm going to tell you all about our last doctor's appointment, where we had a bit of a scare. So, this was the visit where you get to hear the baby's heart beat. So exciting, but the problem was the doctor couldn't find a heart beat. Yes, it was a bit scary. The doctor was acting like this wasn't really a big deal. So I asked if it was normal to sometimes not be able to hear the heart beat, and he told us that maybe it was too early and our dates were off, but the way he was telling us, I don't know, it just got me more worried, like he really thought something was wrong but he wasn't about to let us in on it. Anyway, he had us schedule an ultra sound ASAP (I noticed he had written on the form), to happen in the next few days. Luckily, the receptionist (I don't think that's what they are called in a doc. office) didn't want us to have to wait over the weekend, so got us in right then. This was very nice of her, but actually made me more worried that something was really wrong. I was thinking that maybe the baby had died, but I hadn't had any signs of miscarriage yet, or that there was no baby in there and that my body was just being tricked or something. But Yayhoo! Nothing is wrong. The ultra sound lady told us the doctor wasn't looking in the right spot, or that the placenta was in the way or something. Anyway, we got to see our, already, very squirmy baby, literally bouncing around and waving to us, and then getting all pooped out and resting its' head against the wall. (yikes, I've heard that how they're acting now is indicative of what kind of baby they're going to be, so apparently, we have a very wiggly, hyperactive child). But, the important thing was that the heart beat was healthy and normal. So everything appears to be just great! And we got an early glimpse of our little one! The measurements showed me to be at 12 weeks 5 days, so 6 days farther along than we thought, but I guess that's really right on, the way it's just an estimate. Anyway, Ryan was hoping that that means the baby will come before the 11th because his parents are leaving that day for Jerusalem, but I say, don't hold your breath!
6 comments:
How scary!!! I'm glad that everything turned out ok!
man, that's so scary. i'm so glad they got you in that day so you didn't have to freak out all weekend. Yay for the hyper ADD peanut baby!
good times- i'm glad you have a healthy one in there after all the worries. Say hi to the little twirt for me.
Smells, what the ?!! you do have a baby in there!
That is seriously scary. I would have been a hysterical wreck! I'm so glad and relieved that everything is okay. Lucky you that you got to see the tiny one so early. :) Give the peanut a little squeeze for me. :)
Yay for everything being o.k. - and for not having to worry all weekend! You know they say more often the first one comes a little early...
Post a Comment